NEW YORK CITY, October 15, 2015 – Empire State Realty Trust, Inc. (NYSE:ESRT) leased more than 82,000 square feet this summer among new, renewal, and expansion tenants within the REIT’s Greater New York Metropolitan Class A office properties.
In Fairfield County:
• Olympus Growth Fund VI renewed 10,000 square feet at Metro Center in Stamford.
• JLT RE leased 3,600 square feet at Metro Center. Tenant brokers: Al Gutierrez and Cameron Paktinat of Colliers.
• Pinnacle Associates Ltd. renewed 2,800 square feet at Metro Center. Tenant broker: Tom Pajolek of CBRE.
• Hertz renewed 2,500 square feet at Metro Center.
• IDoc, LLC leased 6,000 square feet at MerrittView in Norwalk. Tenant broker: David Fugitt of Vidal/Wettenstein, LLC.
In Westchester County:
• O’Connor Davies took an additional 10,000 square feet and extended the term of its existing 36,000-square-foot-lease at 500 Mamaroneck Avenue in Harrison. Tenant broker: John McCarthy of McCarthy Associates. (Previously announced).
• Willoughby Capital Holdings expanded by 1,500 square feet, bringing its total occupancy to 4,500 square feet at Ten Bank Street in White Plains. Tenant broker: Paul Jacobs of CBRE.
• Garnet Capital renewed 3,900 square feet at 500 Mamaroneck Avenue. Tenant broker: Patricia Valenti of Newmark Grubb Knight Frank.
• KBM Group LLC renewed 2,700 square feet at 500 Mamaroneck Avenue. Tenant brokers: Kevin Langtry and Christopher J. Heckman of CBRE.
“We continue to attract and retain quality tenants based on the convenient locations of our properties and full suite of amenities. Equally important is the recognition that ownership is committed to tenant satisfaction,” said Jeffrey H. Newman, senior vice president of ESRT. “Expansions and renewals are outgrowths of the exceptional relationships that we maintain with our tenants and brokers.”
Mr. Newman represented the landlord, ESRT, in all of the above transactions, along with senior leasing associate Kimberly Zaccagnino and leasing associate Tara Long.
About Empire State Realty Trust
Empire State Realty Trust, Inc. (NYSE: ESRT), a leading real estate investment trust (REIT), owns, manages, operates, acquires and repositions office and retail properties in Manhattan and the greater New York metropolitan area, including the Empire State Building, the world’s most famous building. Headquartered in New York, New York, the Company’s office and retail portfolio covers 10.0 million rentable square feet, as of June 30, 2015, consisting of 9.3 million rentable square feet in 14 office properties, including nine in Manhattan, three in Fairfield County, Connecticut and two in Westchester County, New York; and approximately 720,000 rentable square feet in the retail portfolio.
*Please note all lease square footages are approximate.
This press release includes “forward looking statements.” Forward-looking statements may be identified by the use of words such as “believes,” “expects,” “may,” “will,” “should,” “seeks,” “approximately,” “intends,” “plans,” “pro forma,” “estimates,” “contemplates,” “aims,” “continues,” “would” or “anticipates” or the negative of these words and phrases or similar words or phrases. The following factors, among others, could cause actual results and future events to differ materially from those set forth or contemplated in the forward-looking statements: the factors included in (i) the Company’s Annual Report on Form 10-K for the year ended December 31, 2014, including those set forth under the headings “Risk Factors,” “Management’s Discussion and Analysis of Financial Condition and Results of Operations,” “Business,” and “Properties” and (ii) in future periodic reports filed by the Company under the Securities and Exchange Act of 1934, as amended. While forward-looking statements reflect the Company’s good faith beliefs, they are not guarantees of future performance. The Company disclaims any obligation to publicly update or revise any forward-looking statement to reflect changes in underlying assumptions or factors, or new information, data or methods, future events or other changes after the date of this press release, except as required by applicable law. For a further discussion of these and other factors that could impact the Company’s future results, performance or transactions, see the section entitled “Risk Factors” in the Annual Report on Form 10-K for the year ended December 31, 2014, and other risks described in documents subsequently filed by the Company from time to time with the Securities and Exchange Commission. Prospective investors should not place undue reliance on any forward-looking statements, which are based only on information currently available to the Company (or to third parties making the forward-looking statements).